22. Listen to your father who gave you life,
and do not despise your mother when she is old.
23. Buy truth, and do not sell it;
buy wisdom, instruction, and understanding.
24. The father of the righteous will greatly rejoice;
he who fathers a wise son will be glad in him.
25. Let your father and mother be glad;
let her who bore you rejoice.
26. My son, give me your heart,
and let your eyes observe my ways.
27. For a prostitute is a deep pit;
an adulteress is a narrow well.
28. She lies in wait like a robber
and increases the traitors among mankind.
Comment: Following on from yesterday...
- Parental Responsibility: Child raising is a two parent matter. Teachers, society have a part to play, but surely the parent-child relationship should be deeper, more permanent and more meaningful than any other. To me bringing up your family aright is the most important job that falls on any couple.
- Truth and Wisdom: Understand the true purpose of education. Gaining knowledge is important but gaining wisdom and learning to think straight is much more important. The cleaner is as important as the surgeon but if neither are wise, there is danger in the air! Get it right and your family (and many more) will rejoice.
- Sex education: Sex is enjoyable and fun. Get it right and it is great. Ge it wrong and heart break, distress and foolishness follows. God has laid down a good plan!
Prayer: Thank you for our families. Teach us wisdom as we grow as a family.
One thought on “Proverbs 23: 22-28…Pleading for listening ears..”
Thank you Barry for these studies in Proverbs. I appreciate your comments, and agree with them. God bless you and your family.