“You, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning,
and the heavens are the work of your hands;
they will perish, but you remain;
they will all wear out like a garment,
like a robe you will roll them up,
like a garment they will be changed.
But you are the same,
and your years will have no end.”
And to which of the angels has he ever said,
“Sit at my right hand
until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet”?
Are they not all ministering spirits sent out to serve for the sake of those who are to inherit salvation?
Comment: The ‘and’ at the beginning obviously means that this follows from yesterday’s passage which is noted as one of the great ‘Christilogical’ passages of the Bible along with John chapter 1 at its beginning (and of course throughout the whole gospel) and a passage in Colossians ch1.
- Jesus (called Lord) is the one who created heaven and earth. It doesn’t state His method but his Creator-ship.
- Heaven and earth will pass away which is what many ‘doom-sayers’ are thinking and saying – it is recorded here first.
- God, the Son, will remain in control. Please note that in other spots the passing away leads to an even better situation!
- Angels were held in very high regard in that era, unlike today. Maybe it is our lack of thinking about God living in eternity which we don’t see or often think about as we live in time but is often mentioned in the Bible.
- Jesus is painted as seated in authority and angels are but ministering agents serving those who belong to Jesus and thus are to inherent salvation.
Prayer: Help me to think deeply with honesty and integrity about these verses which lead into a serious warning tomorrow.