Wisdom cries aloud in the street,
in the markets she raises her voice;
at the head of the noisy streets she cries out;
at the entrance of the city gates she speaks:
“How long, O simple ones, will you love being simple?
How long will scoffers delight in their scoffing
and fools hate knowledge?
If you turn at my reproof,
behold, I will pour out my spirit to you;
I will make my words known to you.
Comment: I must be getting old! Whilst I have the devotions written ahead for some weeks, this morning when my wife looked to read today’s, there wasn’t one. So quickly let me remind you and myself why I started and continue this project. The passage is one of the first I wrote upon. We see….
- Wisdom, understood by many to represent Jesus who teaches such wisdom seeking listeners.
- He calls in the midst of our busy lives.
- Many ignore the voice of His wisdom. They don’t consider ‘Life’ deeply enough (simple ones) or they scoff at His words and want philosophical or earned merits instead of His solutions.
- But to those who turn to the words of Divine Wisdom have the assurance of God’s blessings of understanding and answers to living!
- Again apologies!
- Prayer: Please give me ears to listen to You!
One thought on “Proverbs 1: 20-23…The call to wisdom”
Thank you Barry for your comments on this passage. Your apologies are accepted. I too am human, and do things just like that. In James 3:13-18 there is much said about wisdom which comes from God. “The wisdom that comes from God is first utterly pure, then peace-loving, gentle, approachable full of tolerant thoughts and kindly actions, with no breath of favouritism or hint of hypocrisy.” (JBP) God bless you.